Friday, August 18, 2006

Croath Head: September

Midnight; the sea surged calm,
Early morning ferocity
Stilled.
My heart beat with the rhythm
Of gentle waves
And the anger within
Washed itself away
As I stared, amazed
At depths rolling shoreward
In peace.

When sea and skyline meet and merge
Beyond sight
We look sometimes to life
Eternal
And well beyond the day just gone.

I saw it all that night;
In a moment of quiet I heard the breeze;
Moon and lamplight cast long shadows
As I walked toward the harbour wall
And sorrow left me.
Salt, white and crystal cleansed my soul;
The sea beckoned in whispers:
I saw the far horizon -
And lost myself.

Jan

2 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

This is so gentle and soothing Jan. It is just wonderful really.

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger Lois said...

Jan,
I often have such anger at what I call apathy in my circle.
I do forget to walk just a short distance to my sea and let the waters calm me.....
I must do it more often and not be so engulfed in what I see as injustice......
Why.do I forget to walk along the sand along the shore...Oh I feel so silly that I do not do as often as I should....
I will write on my whiteboard "Lois walk along the sea on YOUR bay"
Thank you for reminding me Jan..Lois (Muse of the Sea)
27.8.06

 

Post a Comment

<< Home