Saturday, February 26, 2005

Playing and Preparation Procrastination

In the Alchemist’s Lair I am supposed to be getting ready for a journey. Instead, I am running up and down the halls with my habit thing flapping around. It was those scones . . . Ebony Wilder! She is down in the kitchen lashing stuff all over scones and you can smell them all over the whole Mona! I was trying to pay attention to what I was doing, but it was such a beautiful day outside, the scones and somebody down the hall was playing the Beatles all afternoon. You know who you are!! I suppose I am not the only person that spent the afternoon twisting and shouting around rather than accomplishing anything. Luckily for me, I have a very forgiving Muse, I don’t do a lot of that Culpa stuff. My Muse was out in the Grove dancing herself, if you had looked out the window (which you probably did) you would have seen her.

I do have a couple of things that I need to do. The first is to ask: DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHERE ANITA MARIE IS??? The last time she turned up missing she wished that someone had gone looking for her. It makes me a little nervous when she turns up missing. Nobody has heard any strange knocking from INSIDE any floors or anything have they? Just a little heads up. Just wondering. Who saw her last? Has she taken her flashlight? (Torch to you Aussie’s) I hope you don’t think that I am nosey and wondering what you are all doing when you are not posting all the time, because I am not, it is just that, well Anita Marie, she gets into things . . . However, I haven’t much doubt she can take care of herself.

I might get into the habit of following Ebony Wilder around . . . No, I already got into my habit, that is why it is flapping around while I am running up and down the halls.

As I have said, I am preparing for a journey. Every self respecting Alchemist has to go off looking for the Philosopher's Stone every once in a while. I hope you are not stuck with Harry Potter for your only knowledge of this important artifact. Not that Rowling was all THAT off about the whole thing, but she did play a little fast and loose and of course, the whole thing is complicated beyond the beyond the zebra, if you know what I mean. I mean, are we talking about a STONE? Or are we talking about a means to and end? And so. Is Alchemy only concerned with a search for a method of upgrading less valuable metals or also of perfecting the human being as well? Thus, is the Philosopher's Stone only a means to making gold from base metals or might it be a way to cure illnesses, prolong life, and bring about spiritual revitalization? Perhaps the Philosopher's Stone is made of a common substance, found everywhere but unrecognized and unappreciated?

Wealth. Spiritual renewal. Longevity. Health. An elixir of life! The Philosopher's Stone is like gold, but even better. Gold is a means to all wealth, but the Philosopher's Stone is a means to all ENDS, a universal means. And it's lying around for the taking. It's everywhere! You just have to have the wit to recognize it and learn how to use it. That is what I am up to.

Anyone want to come along? I’ve heard tell of a Bacchanal going on in the West Woods that sounds interesting along the way. My friend Shelley (yes, he’s a guy, but you’d go by Shelley too if you’re other names were Percy and Bysshe. Couldn’t you just DIE!) Anyway Shelley is all off about “‘Tis the bacchanal triumph that makes truth dumb!!” I don’t know, Keats can fall asleep while trying to write an ode. I am heading toward Wales, but who knows where the road will take me. It is one of THOSE roads, it doesn’t always go the same place that it went before. OH! That reminds me. Someone remind me to explain about the Immanent Grove before I leave . . . just so people don’t get nervous. I’ll go into more detail later, but YES, it does move. Now, I’m going to go see what Ebony Wilder is up to. Vegemite?

Salutations,
Costello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home