Sunday, May 29, 2005

Duwamish Bay

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Duwamish Bay by Heather Blakey

I have been testing my skills with a grey lead pencil and I have been having a wonderful time, sitting in the autumn sunshine, here in the Abbey, drawing images to go with Anita Marie's story about the unusual authors at Duwamish Bay. I am planning to send a reporter down to this Duwamish Bay to see if we can get an interview for Soul Food, or at the very least, some kind of travel report. I have checked out the Lonely Planet Guide Book and Duwamish is not listed but it does seem to have some places worth visiting and people who would be interesting to meet.

Meanwhile, I am enjoying the quiet and have not been feeling lonesome because I sense the presence of others working around me. If any of you feel like showing us what you have been doing lately that would be wonderful.
The Abbess

4 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love Duwamish Bay, with its trim, snug little houses and shops so pristine, its spruce little boats bobbing in the harbor . . . and the figure causally strolling along at the far left. The incongruity is absolutely delicious. Hey Abbess! Do you want to meet me for a relaxing weekend at the Duwamish Bay Inn? It looks charming, doesn’t it?
COSTELLO OF THE SHADOWS

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

I would love to meet you for a weekend at Duwamish Bay Costello. The inn does look charming and I am sure if I book ahead we can secure a room with a view of the marina. I was going to send a reporter down there to check this place out, but then I wondered why should she should have all the fun. It will be a bit of a working weekend for me but we will have time to go to the bookshop (I heard Livia was murdered not long ago) visit the bookshop and hit the jazz bar.

Are you interested in coming too Anita Marie? I can make a group booking and hire a mini bus to pick us up at the Abbey if anyone else wants to come as well.

The Abbess

 
At 4:23 AM, Blogger Fran said...

I want to spend a week
alone in one of the cottages
and watch the stranger collect his share
of the magical fish
from the magical boats
perhaps in Duwamish Bay
your mini bus would park beside the dock
and we could have a cup
of spring water together
and talk of song.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Anita Marie Moscoso said...

I would love to join you all at Duwamish Bay...only I don't hang around there after dark.

Just an FYI from a local...
Anita Marie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home