Sunday, July 31, 2005

Birds



This particular week of the year would usually find me at a residential theatre workshop course. I have participated in these for the last ten years or so. This year I was unable to participate and so jumped at the opportunity offered by Heather to do something creative instead in the Enchanteur blog.

Earlier this week, I went to visit some of my friends who are doing this year's workshop and was reminded of a song we learned last year which, I think, goes well with these images.

Days of hope

If I can dance with you one hour longer, the world woudn’t matter at all;
Dancing to tunes generations have danced to before.
If we pretend that the music won’t finish we won’t have to wake up all:
Sleeping a long careless sleep in these arms I adore.

We’ve nothing to lose we’ve nothing to fear
we may not be saved from all troubles here
But while there are songs of love,
while there dreams of peace,
while there are nights like this there will be days of hope, there will be days of hope

(music and lyrics by Howard Goodall, from the musical he wrote called "days of hope", which contains some fabulous music)

2 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger Viridiana said...

thank you, Lisa

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Love the words and the birds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home