Monday, September 05, 2005

For Jane

MEDITATION

Were I to sit here long enough, positioned so unnatural
that I am pulled more by muscle ache than any prayerful thought -

If I am distracted by itch and glasses falling in my eyes
that I do not need because my eyes are closed in contemplation -

If the outside, obtrusive noise rings louder than this inner voice
that drew me here to gong and book and spilling vibrant water -

Were I to calm the churning thoughts of yesterday's give and take
in which I only sought laughter in response to brotherhood -

What if I could dispel the questions and the doubts and simple fears
that resonate like a pong-game in the flower courtyard of my mind -

Could All of You then wait awhile longer here with me?

papa



2 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, Blogger jane said...

Oh how familiar, the distractions to the centering we seek. Yes world, will you wait for me, or does peace and purpose end up being an aloneness experience? What a shame. This I would so like to shsre.

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Embrace your aloneness - all one. (This is very hard for me too.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home