Friday, June 30, 2006

Abbey Meditation

When the world becomes too much, and the darkness of my spirit rises up to engulf me, rob me of sleep and peace I must run home. Here in Lemuria, with my Brothers and Sisters of Spirit, it is here that I find find empathy, encouragement and laughter. There is a deep well of joy and hope that all can take heady draughts from. Inspiration truly grows on the trees, and we never feel alone here.

With this firmly in mind, I have come running Home, to the support and love of my Soul-Kin. After a week of growing darkness, and the resurgence of old sorrows, I am weary of the battle, and know this is where I can be, no need for explanation, or wearing a cheery mask.

Here I come running, as if pursued by the ubiquitous Killer Bees; to find my quiet, dim room. The bed awaits me, comforter soft from washing, and redolent of the clothesline. There is an oil diffuser simmering slowly on the dresser, the scent of lavender and chamomile a soft whisper on the air. I curl up on the bed, with worried cats trilling, chirtling and trying to comfort me with silken head-butts, and demands that I lie down with them.

"I'll be ready to lie down in just a minute babies. Let me finish my tea and turn off the oil diffuser." Although the Abbey is built of stone blocks it is never cold, for they catch the day's heat and reflect it back to the residents through the night hours. When winter's storms howl through the eaves, and rattle the branches of decidous trees, the fireplaces scattered throughout the Abbey bring light, warmth, and cheer.

On a storybook perfect summer day like this one, mullioned windows are open to cooling breezes, birdsong, and the temptating perfume of ripening fruit. Into this feast of the senses I have come, weary to the spirit, and sad clear through. Here I know I will be respected, and given the space I need to rest for healing.

When I am ready to rejoin the world, within this Abbey I will be welcomed, loved, and accepted. It is from this Well of Understanding that I drink and find refreshment for body and soul.

While crickets sing their love-songs, and owls awaken slowly to trade chomosa with the ravens; I crawl gratefully into my bed, tummy soothed by chamomile tea with raw honey. I pull the covers up to my shoulder and slowly un-knot myself, the murmur of Abbey residents as comforting as the purring of my cats.

I know that soon I will awaken, rested and ready to again throw myself into life, and my arts. God and Goddess Bless Soul Food and the Abbey. I am sure that more lives than mine have changed for the better for having found a Cyber Home within these walls of dreams.

10 Comments:

At 4:07 AM, Blogger lina said...

how lovely - you put it so beautifully. Wishing you peace, healing and warmth

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Believer said...

Just a whisper so I don't disturb your rest. Yes, healing and acceptance are here and a relief from sorrows. May your sleep refresh you and may your dreams bring you joy for the new day.

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

Rest well, my friend, and awaken to a bright new Lemurian morning.

We live only blocks apart. Perhaps some day, we can meet at Starbucks or some other place to share a cuppa.

Vi

 
At 4:42 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

I agree with these comments, and Soul Food is a wonderful place full of healing. Peace to you.

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

I am touched that you have a home here to run too. Here you can curl under a blanket knowing that someone will come running in with some chicken soup - or will just sit silently with you.

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

Starbuck's, Lois, is a great place to visit. Their wonderful selection of coffee will blow you away. They are expensive, but if you want that special coffee, it's the place to go. I don't go there every day, but for the days I don't stop there, I have a stash of their Frappuccino at home. I know, I'm hooked. ;)

Vi

 
At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this piece,I was meant find it. Today I am tired,restless, bored and frustrated and still wonder how, and why it came to this!

Time for srong hot tea I think.

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Anita Marie Moscoso said...

Hey Gwen,

Knock on my door anytime.

And keep talking to us, to me to...alright?

Anita Marie

 
At 3:11 AM, Blogger Viridiana said...

Gwen, I think you summed up purrfectly everything that the abbey represents to all of us

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Gwen M. Myers said...

My beloved sisters,
I have found all your wishes and love a special place in my heart.
Vi dear,
I adore Starbucks and I would be honoured to meet you there!
Lois love,
I was fairly sure that everyone has felt what I was expressing, like the saying goes, "A sorrow shared is a sorrow halved.".

And Starbucks is delicous, even in Arizona's 120 degree summer days, thank to a concotion called a frappucino, coffee with chocolate syrup and crushed ice, whirred in a blender until it is something closer to a milkshake than a cuppa. As if that weren't temptaion enough, it is topped with a miniature ziggurat of real whipped cream.
Heather love,
You sought to create a portal/haven for artists of all sorts and I say that you have succeeded beautifully. I'll bet my earring collection (almost 800 pairs now) that everyone of us feels like we are 'Home' as soon as we lose ourselves in the Labrynths of Lemuria.
So, my dear sisters of spirit, I am rested, healed, and exalted by the magic of Lemuria once again. Many thanks and much love to everyone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home