Sunday, April 03, 2005

Change is always exhilarating for a short while but there is nothing to compare to returning home. I trudged up the hill from my mountain home, in the dark, with the snow blowing into my face but still anxious to return to my cell in the Abbey. I could hardly see the Abbey through the snow but the path in front of me was well trodden. Evidently we have more new occupants then when I left a month ago. On leaving I had the best intentions to continue my art commitment and my meditation journal which I started when I first arrived, but the city has a way of changing those plans. I hoped to slip back into that zone.

I pushed open the huge wooden gate and entered the Abbey courtyard at the exact moment that the sun flooded through and bounced off the new blooming flowers in the garden. The surprise snowstorm had not touched the Abbey. Like Lemuria, the Abbey holds the same amount of magic I had become use to there, and I smiled as I pulled the positive, comforting energy around my shoulders and hurried to the entrance and down the long hall to my cell. I could feel the zone closing once again around me. My mind immediately burst with too many creative projects that I was anxious to experiment with as I unpacked the supplies from my backpack. I smiled, knowing I will never be commercial as I cannot resist learning something new, but here in the Abbey that seemed not to matter. It was good to be back. P.S. ....I could swear I saw a rooster down the hall! I think I had better lay down and rest....

4 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome Back Jane! I only preceeded you here by a few days. My trip was very eventful, I will be reporting on it soon. It is good to know you are here and back at work on your lovely things.

Costello

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Trendle Ellwood said...

Jane, I had so much fun reading that! What a wonderful tribute to the Abbey, your joy on returning.

I was blessed by your words.
Love Tren

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Good to have you home Jane. And your writing is so Camelotian. A snow storm outside the abbey walls and sun bouncing off spring flowers within. What an enchanting image. Hope you found the fresh flowers in the vase by your bed darling.

 
At 4:56 AM, Blogger Fran said...

Dear Jane it is so good to hear your voice and walk once more with you through Lemurian woods. May we find your footsteps where the daffodils circle the great tree or where the rivulet sends spring waters to the distant sea. Take care and stay with us always, Fran

 

Post a Comment

<< Home