Monday, May 30, 2005


ROAD TRIP!!! Heather has booked a bus to take a few of us to Duwamish Bay. Costello, packing up various vials, scales, crystals, candles, notebooks and jars of baby food, prepares to board the bus.Do you suppose I'll want a swimming suit? Is anyone going in the bay? I mean on purpose . . . I've got to sit in the front of the bus, I get bus sick. My goodness, it does look comfortable, doesn't it? I've got a CD player and the new Ebony Raven CD. We can listen to the remix of "Duwamish Bay" all the way down there! We'll all sing along and people will probably start dancing in the isle . . . ROAD TRIP!!!

1 Comments:

At 4:40 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Well Thrillseekers! Seats are being booked for this jaunt to Duwamish. It seems that Fran is coming and I am delighted about that. The last time Fran and I got together we knew we could have chatted into the early hours so there may not be too much sleeping done while we are gone.

Swimming costumes, or bathers as we call them in Oz, could be a good idea Costello because we have to row the last leg across Elliot Bay to reach Duwamish Bay. I remember thinking I could have done with a pair when we sailed across to one of Hong Kong's islands in a junk.

Anyway, I don't want to discourage you Costello but given the size of the row boats and the fact that we have to clamber, unceremoniously up that little ladder adjacent to the Inn, you may have to restrict the size of any scales you are planning to carry in your luggage. Indeed you may want to travel lightly.

The cover of Ebony Raven's album is spectacular but maybe the only people who will listen to 'Composition' will be registered members of the Embalmers Conference that is on the same weekend we are scheduled to go. They have a Blues, Jazz gathering planned and we might check it out.

Grief! Did I forget to tell you that there will be a crowd of Embalmers in town that weekend? Annubis arrived early.

cheers
The Abbess

 

Post a Comment

<< Home