Sunday, November 20, 2005

The perfect workshop

As the tower came into view I saw an old lady, wrapped in a hand woven blanket, coming towards me. As she approached I could see it was Baba followed by three dogs and four cats. The dogs ran ahead and greeted me and I recognized them from the day I was looking at the buildings around Babas tower. She embraced me and encouraged me to walk faster.

"I have your building waiting for you". I started to ask how she could know and then realized who I was talking too. Of course..she knew all the time what I needed. I too became very excited.

I was right to be excited as the building we entered far exceeded my expectations. It was a vision of comfort and efficiency, a hard combination to duplicate. I walked over to the counters and pulled out drawers viewing ribbons, beads, gold threads and yarns of all colors, and a cupboard of patterned and colored companion fabric pieces. Two sewing machines and a serge sat at the end of the workspace. On the other side were my water colors, oils, acrylics, dyes, stamps, assorted papers…etc. Anything and everything I ever would need to create in any medium. On the north wall was a 10 foot high window with an easel and stand in the middle and comfortable overstuffed furniture facing the view. There would be no excuse for not producing in this environment. I headed back to the Abbey in high spirits. I was settled in and could not wait to start.
BUT now I realized I was hungry. Hopefully there will be a pot of something waiting in the kitchen.

1 Comments:

At 5:34 AM, Blogger jane said...

I have been hoping for some of Falcons stew but now you add a good pastie to that and I will have to eat one too. My polish mother-in -law taught me to make them just as you describewhen I was 19. A bite from the past.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home