Saturday, November 19, 2005

Silk Road Returnee

Nov 19,05
10 degrees outside this morning and the grass makes a crunching as I move down the path from the Abbey. I arrived late in the night and could not seem to unwind and get any much needed sleep, so I headed out outside. It looks like the enchantress has not arrived as yet as her door is standing open and there are no signs of anything touched. I think it was an excellent idea of hers for us to return to the abbey to refuel. With the holidays coming, and the many projects I need to finish in one month, I need a place to gather my energies and prioritize. I also need a space of my own to spread out all my embellishments, stashes of material , paints, and threads I can create on my desk in the abbey but once my plans are sketched I need to touch and view all my supplies. To others this space, spread wide with all sorts of supplies, dominates my workspace, so shared quarters would never work. As the light was just breaking over the distant mountains I headed out to search for a perfect workshop.
I had an idea in the back of my mind. When I was visiting BaBas’ tower I explored the surrounding grounds of the tower and walked in and out of the various run down, deserted buildings. I could not get one of the buildings out of my mind. I think the tower is just over the next hill.

3 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

I have just arrived back, from the busy jaunt guiding everyone along the Silk Road and I am settling into my room. We must meet over dinner in the Abbey kitchen Jane.

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Once I come back here it always feels calm. I like it. Your thoughts made me remember how busy the year has been. Time to rest and breathe. Might join you both in the kitchen....

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger maya said...

Welcome back,wanderers!The sound of laughter will once again echo throughout the Abbey, complimenting the quiet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home