Friday, July 21, 2006

Ancients

Just in case any friend gets the idea that I don't listen to Ancients,
or because I don't fit in 'natural' at Duwamish --

give a thought to Sakin'el

.....................................................

Ever Tegsh

All are greeted,
"welcome to Sakin'el,"
and some notice the basket
of bread and salt and water gift,
but most simply wish instructions
on where to place their coat,
or an explanation of why
we have this place.

"Why would people with disabilities
choose a house with steps --
steps of wood and stone and grass,
and railing of logs and un-raked leaves --
an immense house for two --
are you expecting company?"

"Why do you have names for every room,
when each has collections that make no sense,
yet I am called to ask of the story
but not sure if I would then in turn
be asked to tell one instead."

"I am disturbed by things in such confusion --
a bowl of stones with several outside,
a wall of books I have never read,
a feast of dishes just for me --
but how did you know I liked
curry?"

"What is her name? You know -- the house?

Built in 1920 you say -- lot's of work,
but then you seem able to fix thinks --
don't know where you find the time --
but I hear her. Didn't believe in vortex stuff …
what's her name?"

The answer is simple after all,
"Because I can!" and for a while --
for each soul seeks balance in deLight
and we can offer thee an invitation
that She will know then of you --
and you of life
by living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home