Sunday, October 15, 2006

My illustrated home

Oh happy day! My home has been featured in a major newspaper today.

Sadly though, the online article does not include photographs that the actual article features so I've uploaded jpgs of what the article chose to include.


Except for the part where I've been described as someone who dabbles in mixed media art -I've never in my dabbled in anything. I always jump in with my clothes on, into the water, so to speak, you see. Iam for the record, a multi media artist because I work in various media to create a tangible perceivable version of my concepts. Unless the definition for a multi-media artist changed while I wasn't looking, I am and will probably always be a multi-media artist. Be that as it may, I'm pleased with it. Thank you Me-an!
This is not the same jpg that was used in the news paper article. Me-an removed all traces of human habitation from it. I don't mind showing my everyday clutter to the rest of you so here's an uncensored, cluttered photo of my kitchen. This scan of the journal entree about the building where my flat is was done before I added words on the background. I'll upload a jpg with the text later. Like my flat, all my pages seem to be eternally in progress.

7 Comments:

At 5:57 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

This is an absolutely wonderful post Winnie Rose. Your work is so refreshing, so unique. I just adore the style.

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

Beautiful... so colorful. It's happy space.

Vi

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger wrr said...

Thank you Heather & vi. I'll have more time to do some journaling this week after I finish encoding the grade of my students. Happiness ever. More stuff to post then. Happiness ever again!

 
At 3:47 AM, Blogger aletta said...

Just marvelous, what fun. Have to ask, did you have a doll's house as a little girl?

I think had I had one my apartment would looke entirely different, less whimsy, probably.

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger wrr said...

Oh, I'm sorry Steph. I havent' been able to keep up with posting. I think I posted the tree mural a while back and the eyeball plants too. I have some more stuff over at my blog though.

No, Aletta. I never had a doll's house as a child. I always wanted one though and I would build it using corrugated boxes but its not the same ofcourse. Its probably why my house is so whimsical.

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Rhonda Halushka said...

sounds like a fun house to live in! Bright energizing colors!!

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home