Wednesday, March 09, 2005

I go to Lemuria

In childhood
so long ago we played a memory game:
“I packed my bag and took it to China”

In it I put my ticket to Lemuria where I dreamed of walking
with dear friends under a sacred bamboo
I came to the grove found old friends, and new
a peopled place yet silent
the raven carved at the totem top
and the white wolf wandering.
A thousand colours blend
the sunset and the dawn, end and beginning
word, a healing, and a yellow bloom

Shadows here are gentle
a darkness under the moving leaves
a curtain for my weariness
and hope for morning

The carver has made me a boat with wings and tall white oars
I sail the river under the mountain
to the island where long ago
I met a gentle lover, held his hand
and bore my child

The wise woman speaks, her voice
is moving water, music from the deep
I float onward

2 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Breathtaking Fran.

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

The Wisewoman speaks
Our faces turned up in
Metaphoric firelight
We listen . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home