Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Abbey Kitchen Officially Operational

I have just come home after a few weeks on the road. We like to put the caravan on the back of the car and head off for extended periods. I meant to say that I was going but quite forgot and since I have returned I find the Abbess prostrate in her library insisting that she needs to rejuvenate. No wonder! I saw a bit of the work she did last term when I visited the State Library and I know first hand how tiring secondary schools can be.

Anyhoo! I couldn't bear to see Heather resting on her laurels for too long so I have been in touch and asked when we could formally set up my kitchen. I couldn't believe it when the Abbess wrote back and said that she had found the perfect kitchen for me.

.

So now there are no excuses for me. I will have to make the effort and cook up a storm. Yesterday I made Heather and Darryl lunch and we sat in the autumn sun eating and drinking good red wine. We had thick slices of turkey, corned silverside, antipasto, salmon dip, salad, thick bread, cheeses and finished up with Boston Mudcake, served with strawberries and cream.

There are plenty of left overs so if anyone is interested just come on down to the kitchen and join me. I will put on the kettle and make tea or coffee.

3 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ebony Wilder, where have you been all my life!? Your kitchen is divine and I’m sure you will soon have the Abbes unprostrated. Terrible news on the home front, however . . . alas, Ebony me darling, it is too late for you and me. Whilst you were gone they whacked me up and now they won’t let me eat. I have decided the only thing to do is become a Literary Gourmet and read about what I can’t eat. I am therefore looking to you and your kitchen to keep me happy and full . . . of words. What on earth is a corned silverside? You know, I lived in Boston once and the Charles River is truly an inspiration for “Mud Cake.” Happy Kitchen! Happy Cooking! I hope that Abbess isn’t going to tell YOU that your kitchen is really the Gardner’s Cottage! Humph.

COSTELLO

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ah yes! I remember Paul's Grandfather, in "Hard Day's Night" cautioning Ringo not to let them kick him in the brisket. And people think I don't know anything about cooking!

COSTELLO

P.S. I have named my Tea Pot after Paul's Grandfather. It's name is:
Paul's Grandfather. I have named half of my piano keys after you!

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Anita Marie Moscoso said...

I think I might stroll over from the Chamber and see what's cooking..( Anita Cackles )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home