Sunday, April 03, 2005

Beauty in the Dark

I travel along the passageways of a cold and musty building and listen as my fingers whisper along the crumbling brick walls.

I feel little fear in this place because I know beauty awaits me around the corner. Just a little while longer travelling in the dark and I will reach the place I seek. My past and my history dissolve in my memory as the atmosphere of the passage presses against my brain. All that I am is in the Now. The only thing that matters is my slippered feet shuffling along the mouldy stone floor moving me ever onward. I hear trickles of water behind me but I dare not look back in case where I've been draws me with its call.

I reach an intersection but which way do I go? Is that a light to my right? My hunger starved brain tells me it is and so I turn that way. Maybe the beauty I seek is just ahead.

3 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I’m intrigued . . . .

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Fingers whispering; past and history dissolving; at an intersection. I am waiting breathlessly to see which direction you take Stacey-Anne. What an entrance!

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Believer said...

"It doesn't even have a beginning, middle or end really!"

Ah, but it does, Stacey-Anne! You just haven't discovered it yet.

Lovely writing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home