Monday, April 11, 2005

~The Gardner ~

~Thoughts On A Spring Archetype~

In nature, in the outside world every color blends. Orange, red, and pink can stand beside each other under a blue, cloud sky and yellow sun and leave me in awe. Perfection is in the mixed match hues. Scents and aromas can mingle without giving offense and are enhanced with the fresh rain. Roses can be as large as pancakes and pinwheels to tell a story of lost love. Wind moves the mixes of flowers as a violin, piccolo and flute. If you listen to the sounds you can hear a symphony. Birds sing and dart in play across the garden. Worms allow air in the musty dark earth and crawl carefully around large bulbs.

~~~~~~~~~~
I am the one who longs for order in all things.
I am the one who wanders among the concrete angels, quirky cherubs, and knows their secrets of time past.
I am the one who walks in solitude and knows hard work has rewards.
I am the one who inhales sweet scents and becomes intoxicated with joy trying to catch the humming bird.
I am the one who makes the healing creams from roses and sage.
I am the one who nods with the sleeping cat under the shade of a tree.
I am the one who can give you all the beauty you require.
I am the one longing to take naps in the swinging hammock and study the clouds.
I am the one who washes my hair in the rain.
I am the one who knows the seasons and accepts them all.
I am the one who wants you to be outside and find happiness in hard work.
And, I am the one who plants the seeds and waters the earth - but you are the one who must keep up with the growth and at times pull the weeds.
~~~~~~~~~~

The light changes and becomes brighter - higher.
Day hours linger and stretch before me.
The gray cat, tail moving up and down, sits in the yellow spring sun.

Snow has melted back and left the earth dirt wet and cool.
Brown, Black earth goes under my nails as I plant the pretty packet of seeds.
The pictures promise colors of pastel crayons exposed in daybreak through sheets of rain.

Red tulips are being born in eyesight.
Trees bring forth minted green buds, speckled on dark black branches.

Grass once brown is now a quilt overcame in shades of liquid green.
It's tender blades salute the afternoon sun.

I hear the birds song once again.
Geese are returning to nest in long V's across the clear blue sky.

These are but a few of the things I see
while sipping warm morning coffee,
through chilled breath on an early spring day.

1 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger Believer said...

Ah, Patricia,

No wonder I feel at home here in the Abbey, it is full of Appreciaters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home