Sunday, April 10, 2005

THE PHILOSOPHERS STONE

Dear Monas,

Do you know the word Synchronicity? The more you notice them, the more there are, they happen to me so often these days that all I can do is laugh with a kind of fey joy. When I opened the Blog to post just now and saw Vi’s entry “A Stone, a bit of bone,” I nearly jumped out of my skin. For I have been deep into crafting with bone and stone. I’m would not even be surprised if it isn’t synchronicity at all, but rather that Vi is reading my mind ~ or I am reading hers.

Some time ago, I left the Abby on a quest for the Philosophers Stone. As I noted, all self respecting Alchemists have to go off searching for the Philosophers Stone sooner or later. I had quite a search. This is my report to the Abby. There is a difference in the ending of this story, however ~ for instead of just questing, I found the Philosophers Stone.

As you will see, it wasn’t what I expected, but found it is. I have brought it home to the Abby. It rests now in a crystal case in my Lair . . . or behind my breast bone, against my heart ~ take your pick.



The Philosopher’s Stone


I went in search of the meaning of meaning
Of turning base metal to gold
The philosophy of an Alchemist
To transform and transmute and unfold
Is it something real or imagined?
When you skin the idea to it’s bones
To reach your hands through forever
Seeking Philosophers stones?

I have felt the power of endurance
Of remembrance hallowed and long
I stood on the wind swept Salisbury plain
Amid power earth deep and time strong
The air, replete with forever
A silence that hollows the bones
I brought a prayer in my open hands
To the foot of the huge sacred stones

They scanned my body with echos
Drew pictures from bouncing sound
Amid the deep secrets of living
The waves danced in bound and rebound
They wrapped around my tissues
Slid right through my bones
And drew a portrait of bursting
A grave double handful of stones

In the woods walked a woman of power
Another stood ‘neath the blue desert sky
Through the trees a force whispered in calling
The singing energy of Wotai
An ancient blessing enduring as ocean
From the cradle of creation’s bones
Into my need opened hands
Fell the power of two perfect stones

I have found what I went off in search of
Though it isn’t just what I expected
The philosophical power of change
With prayer has been interconnected
I searched for an academic thought
Through ancient philosopher’s bones
But found something authentic and real
When I closed my hands on the stones

What came had nothing to do with thought
And everything with feeling
What came was not the key to gold
But the priceless gift of healing
I was flooded with hopes, prayers and wishes
And I soaked them down to my bones
The dross of my body began to change
I saw the truth in my searching for stones

What was given to me, was given
It wasn’t anything that I found
In my need it came to me as love
There is nothing on earth as profound
And the change has come, the Alchemy
That strengthens my muscles and bone
As I walk from healing into health
I have found the Philosopher’s Stone


©Edwina Peterson Cross

2 Comments:

At 1:11 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

This is so powerful Winnie. I have heard the gold in your voice of recent weeks and marvelled at it. Bravo!

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

Is it coincidence or what, our both thinking stones and bones?

I love what you have done with the Philosopher's Stones. You have discovered the secret, of that there is no doubt. And secrets of that magnitude let loose in a mind like yours promises oh so much for the future.

Vi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home