Saturday, April 23, 2005

~Storms~



I fear storms with a resounding roar!
I fear the daylight darkness before a storm;
with graying, black dwelling clouds.
I fear the well - built storms,
bending tall trees left and right back to their roots,
and green grass flattened into undirected pathways.
I fear the rotting windows that whistle maddening music
threatening to break during a storm.
I fear the cold, unyeilding rain of storms
that washes cups and cans over the stone drive.
I fear the unrelenting sound of thunder, it says to my fear
maybe God is very angry or very sad and pounds on an old
shabby metal table, asking why.
I fear flashes of charged dynamic lightening that electrically creeps
and edges closer, closer to my person and explodes into veins
across the sky.
I fear storms with a resounding roar!

Storms~ *copyright* Patricia Hine - Stewart

2 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger Believer said...

That was wonderful, Patricia, very powerful! You truly made me feel the fear.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Do excuse me for taking the liberty of changing the font on your post Patricia. I was simply concerned about older eyes being strained.

The fear in this poem is palpable and I do love your art work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home