Sunday, April 17, 2005

Green Sings

The fields are emerald green now. It is as if my world is blushing with hope. The hope that is eternal. The hope that swells within young birds hearts and persuades them that they should sing the song of spring. The hope that makes the flowers rise from the darkness of the ground. The hope that makes them forget their winter.

The old brick house that sits in my view to the north in the winter is removed from my sight now with the first blush of the trees. All that can be seen is her white barn which glows when the sun sets. Oh how can I describe how joyful the trees look with their light, still shy colors of new growth



The apple trees and the grape vines are blooming although the average last frost is not until May 8th and so we pray that we will be lucky. It is nice for this that we reside up on a hill as the cold fingers of the frost does not always reach up from the valleys to us.



I cannot get over how beautiful and purple are the berries that will turn into cones and are sprouting all over the spruce trees. And then the redbud branches swish against them continuing the same color theme.


The new rhododendron blooms by my front steps as Calie Button runs about playing with the fairy flowers who only she can see.

3 Comments:

At 6:55 AM, Blogger Fran said...

All the beauty of the flowering spring
you give to me just as the first winds of winter blow from the Antarctic, warning me to find the comforters we stored last spring. Lovey Trendle, lovely.

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Trendle - you are so right, that one photograph looks so much like my painting "My Heart Being Hungry" that it is uncanny. How interesting and strange . . . when did you take the photograph? I don't remember seeing it before, but I might have. Did I see the photograph before I did the painting and it got in my mind? Or did something just come from what your eyes had held straight to me? Fascinating . . .

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

Such beautiful pictures, Trennie. I really wish I had the ability to step inside them as I did my painting in the Gallery.

And the kitty looking for fairy flowers that only she can see ... what a delightful thought that is.
Vi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home