Monday, May 30, 2005

Make Travel Journals for Duwamish

The Lonely Planet do their best

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

but really girls, I think we can do better than this. I am planning to make an altered book that I can keep my travel sketches and notes in and I am looking forward to seeing what sort of notebook those of you who decide to come bring.

Initially I thought it would be a weekend trip but then I scoured the Lonely Planet and when it didn't even mention the Duwamish I did some of my own research. Trust me! We may take awhile to come back! This place is not on anyTourist Routes but if my sources are reliable we are going to be kept busy. Besides the Innkeeper offered me a particularly good deal. She insists that while Duwamish Inn is not five star accommodation we will be very comfortable. We do have to share bathrooms but there is plenty of hot water. The good news is that they have very comfortable beds, rooms with a view and offer hearty old style meals thatwill keep us going all day.

I am beginning to get excited but I am curious about the Embalmers Conference that is happening on the weekend we arrive. According to the Innkeeper the conference attracts not only embalmers but forensic scientists. Interesting!

3 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Blogger Anita Marie Moscoso said...

The embalmer's conference? Ah yes, ask the family at the odd little Curio Shop for info about that. And don't forget to check out that Sideshow too...

Anita Marie

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You'll excuse me if I don't get too excited about a convention of Forensic Scientists. They sound terrifically exciting, I know, but ultimately they are bound to just tell you that the only reason they came to Duwamish was to get some new tea towels.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Anita Marie Moscoso said...

...and those pale people that come to the Inn after sunset? They buy sunscreen for the laughs.

I'd be more then a little careful here Ladies. Duwamish is where the road to Croatan starts.

Anita Marie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home