Monday, June 13, 2005

Abbey Reflections - Jane's Book

I have just been through some of the back files of the Abbey. What an incredibly rich, stunning collection we have gathered in just a few short months! The lush productivity, fascinating divergence and true feel of sacred refuge are really unparalleled anywhere. The dreamer who dreamed this place dreamed clear and true. As we know, she has a way of doing that; imagineer of illustrious imaginings, creator of pathways to creation, conductor of light.

I was originally looking for the beautiful book cover that I remembered Jane making way back when the Abbey had first reopened it’s doors.
http://photos1.blogger.com/img/41/3655/640/Book%20cover.1.jpg

I’m wondering, Jane, if you can tell me something of it’s making? Does the cover slip over the book (a temporary cover that can be moved from book to book?) or is it glued directly to the old book? If you did glue it to the old book, can you tell me what adhesive you used? I’ve looked at several links to book-making on the web, but I kept remembering this particular book and when I went back, I found that I still liked it better than any I have seen.

Thank you Jane - and everyone - for what we have gathered here. When you have some extra time go back to February and take a stroll forward, you will be amazed and gratified.

An ease of contentment in these mellow old walls
Quiet joy of creation, glints and glistens down the halls
A soft, sequestered safety here were time scarcely falls
Breathe the blessings of home, as the Abbey bell calls


COSTELLO
(Felling Mellow)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home