Saturday, June 11, 2005

From The Front Lines On A Raven's Wing



Anita Marie Moscoso was sharing a story with me, which I know she won't mind me sharing with you all. She was telling me about Cancer Eating Pow Wows which involve eating and drinking and generally having a good time. She was also telling me about a character in a Ray Bradbury about this sick kid in Ray Bradbury story who was in his bed and couldn't leave it. The part she remembers the most is where his little dog would go out into the world and trapped in his fur were the leaves from when it was fall. The dog would bring back other little things and was, of course his connection to the outside world.

As messages of love drift into my email box and I watch the writing on the bloggers I see everyone as being like that dog who bought things from the outside into my world. More importantly, I know that on the bad days I have to go out into the world to bring back sights, sounds, tastes and smells. Only on Friday I came home with a bag filled with the ingredients to make Darryl's favourite food and of course, our son Greg is loving these taste treats as well.

Lemon slice, jellied fruit, chocolate mousse, fish and chips, hot chocolates oozing with marshmellows, crusty bread and chicken soup. We chuckle and say 'this might kill us, but what the hell'.

Yesterday we went out looking for a piece of furniture for our freshly rennovated living room. Darryl has been painting and rennovating for the past year. His gift to me, he tells me. Priceless really!

Last night I found Winnie's poem and painting, Winnie Reyes sent me some angels which you will find in the Abbey and this morning in the park the magpies came to serenade me. A raven said goodmorning from a nearby chimney top and the doves cooed in harmony. My dogs are here, lying beside me, ever vigilant.

The frontlines are not such a bad place to be.

2 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Blogger Fran said...

Precious moments
memories
love is forever

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Anita Marie Moscoso said...

Of course I don't mind your sharing my thoughts Heather.

My Aunt who really was a Bush Pilot use to use the term Wing
Man...that's someone who watches out for you.

I thought you'd like that idea. The Abbey I think, is full of Wing-Women.

Anita Marie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home