Thursday, June 30, 2005

Grove of Light

As I wandered at twilight
about the hills and vales of the Abbey sweap,
I found a silent stand of redwoods --
certainly out of time and place --
or maybe it was a memory.

Peak of Light

Had to get up early to get out to the Old Grove for the dawn.

Come Litha,
cast your first golden rays through the towering redwoods;
split fingers of light to stretch across
and caress the ripples in the pool,
and flicker a dozen rainbows in the mist.

Against the wall to my left a band of brightness marches
down -- down, to kiss alive the small oaks
wrapped in shimmering ivy holly and the dew seems to leap in joy.
Wild turkeys come from where they hide in the night.
See the hidden rabbit there.

Fond memories of my children frolic in the berry bushes.
I can watch the mounting sun in the reflecting waters
and feel a stirring -- oh my love, why are you not here?
How am I to be transformed without your touch -- your light.

Yes light, bonded here today.
Light to destroy the shadows of my cluttered mind.
Light to reveal the weeds of my despair --

that they can be plucked out.
Light to nurture my waning spirit.
Birth -- birth again in ever light.

The day will pass slowly -- yet too quickly as I ponder here.
In a while the western gathering clouds
will be gold and red and yellow in ever churning display.
Who am I? What will the waning year bring?
How will I balance soul and human emotion?

What is the song, "You light up my life?"
Come Blessed Mother, give me peace.

........................................................


now quickly back to the Lantern.

papa








1 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Papa Dear ~ You've wandered into the Immanant Grove. The trees here . . . well, I guess 'move' is the best word. Sometimes they are in one place on the Abbey grounds, sometimes in another. Sometimes they are, indeed, out of time and place and they certainly have been known to come singing out of a memory. Take them as they are. Be where they take you. Ah! But you know this Papa, and that is why the Immanant Grove stands still and waits for you, then blooms for you the golden light of a memory.

I tend the scared groves of the Abbey. This is only one of many mystic groves. The Immanant Grove has stayed for you, it is well.

COSTELLO
(In another semblance)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home