Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Wrestling with the duende 2

Wrestling with the duende 2
It is time. I am now ready. Sitting at my writing table in my cell, rather then writing an essay, I am going to enter the process. I made a commitment to describe what I think about the angels, the muses, and the duende and now I hope to experience each so I can more accurately present my ideas.
Even though I have been unable to force any writing on this subject I know that creative energy surrounds me. I can feel it when I walk in the woods, or view the valley from a high vista. I recognize its present when I tour the aisles of the local art show and talk to the artists about their works. I know it exists when I have tea with my creative friends and we share our latest ideas. I also know that I draw this energy into myself where it circulates, deep within waiting to be tapped. Sitting here, trying to write, I am ready to encourage the three avenues of help. Angel. Muse, and Duende.
I silent my mind and let go, listening for my angel. A gentle breeze enters, touching my heart and my angel enters, comforting my restlessness, boosting my ego, and encouraging me to continue. She reinforces the benefits of writing and the possibilities that someone else may need or want to hear. She guarantees she will stay near whenever I may need her.
Sadly my pencil will still not move. At that moment the wind blows through the window with my muse riding the crest. She sweeps in, grabs my mind, and carries me away. With my muse we can journey to the depth of the ocean to the tops of the highest mountain; visit a castle in Spain or sit on a rock overlooking a bay in Scotland and watch the porpoise play. We have fun interacting with unusual people and experiencing adventures impossible in my visible world. I conjure up marvelous tales to tell, but still my pen pencil will not move. Not yet, not yet.
These forces from without are comforting, exciting and a part of the thrill of writing but the third force, a force from within, is demanding my attention first. The duenda is now ready to emerge. [to be continued]

2 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger Anita Marie Moscoso said...

And I thought Daylight was boring!
I wonder where this will go?

Anita Marie

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Luna said...

beautiful! keep writing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home