Monday, July 11, 2005

Collective Origin

In thinking about London now, and indeed the trouble in the world, I see there is a consciousness of kindness coming through. Reading the daily news, vascillating between pain and comfort, as the despatches come up, I see there is slow change happening. There is change in me, too. I read news stories about people who never spoke to each other before, finding common conversation in their collective origin and experience, those who never had the opportunity before. The people are united by their collective stoicism, and indeed famous for it, known for it. Then it disappears, like a light that blinks on and off. Things return to normal and the workday worlds resumes its cycle. But with the disappearance is also the knowledge that we will never be quite the same again, for we have glimpsed something....something better, that we know is possible, but perhaps not just right now. Like the sea I ebb and flow, letting the new come to wash away the old, forever backwards and forwards, seeking the slow dawn, that isn't just mine, but forms the collective origin. (Monika)

3 Comments:

At 4:04 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

I had a look and I think it's because I put the right time on the blogger, though I didn't know it would shift the order of things. It's a bit mind-bending though. Does that make sense?

 
At 4:32 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

That would have done it Monika. I have left the clock set at Blogger time and not set for Australian time. Interesting!

 
At 4:38 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

I didn't realise - will stay on O/S time in future - I guess it will all be back to normal once the date clicks over - it is interesting, the concept of time is something else again...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home