Sunday, July 31, 2005

One of the Troupe

The Treverè


He sings a bit -- often out of tune.
See him juggle there quickly falling balls,
and try a dance with missing step or two.
His sonnets loose their fine metered beat,
and his riddles mystify even him.
Conjuring and long practiced slight of hand
dissolve midst fumbled coins and colored silk.
Yet, he is a most true friend and bard,
for he knows well the song of my heart,
and can sing it back to me when I have
forgotten the simple whispered words.


papa

5 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

I like this very much.

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Believer said...

Wonderful characterization, I would love to meet your friend in a story some time.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

whoops, hit the send button before I had finished.
Faucon, I am CERTAIN this is you:
``Yet, he is a most true friend and bard,
for he knows well the song of my heart''
What a lovely, delicate, dancing poem.

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Totally -- I did too...

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

ah! I think you have seen a reflection of self as you passed by a mirror faucon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home