Monday, August 08, 2005

Up Early

Pre-Dawn Shadows
This morning I stand early --
by dusk will have traveled long,
though my feet are anchored here alone.

I know the world cast stark and plain
by the light of a single lantern,
and it thus knows of my soul as well.

My shadowed form is crisp and clear,
and reaches out in giant form
to touch the silent heart of everything.

The unseen rain is a presence
without falling or touching down,
and I drink it in through osmosis.

The universe does not exist
except by shadows and memory
carved into forever even now.

I move my hand -- a gesture,
and my spirit echoes in flowers
protected from this false dawn.

I take a single baby step
and my imagined warrior form
races out to smite sure hidden foe.

It would seem that my magic reach
is limited by this deception,
but I know, in faith, the truth and all.

The sun will soon be-crest the hill
and mask my shadow in brilliance,
that others can avert their gaze.

But the effect of my presence
will remain and extend beyond,
lit by the divine flame within.

Your flame, not mine will be profound,
but only have meaning though sharing,
that which I cannot do alone.

And you need not look back in fear,
but accept that you cast one too,
an unseen touch of self by me.

Each by each we extend our souls,
not through action, plan or greed,
but by dancing close to such as we.

3 Comments:

At 7:11 AM, Blogger Believer said...

Good morning Faucon,

We are blessed to have you greeting each dawn. What a presense you are in the Abbey.

Your wedding day comes soon! All the best wishes to you and your lady.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

Wonderful, Faucon - I love seeing new poetic forms and the structure of this is perfect - Thank you.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Anita Marie Moscoso said...

I was a store clerk Faucon..back in the day and I worked in a bookstore. I think I remember you
;) and you were a HUGE relief from
hearing:
" like I was like you know looking for this book oprah is like you know featuring."

Anyway, SOME of us enjoy those unique voices.

Anita Marie



Anita Marie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home