Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Speaking Out

Travelers, adventurers, new friends
will be arriving soon to rest and prepare.
I may not be here to greet them,
though the lantern will be lit --
as I am called to spend time
with those found homeless by chance,
but now abused by perfidy
and incompetence.

How then do I encourage your own
quest and journey -- engender joy
and confidence. I draw upon ancient words
written centuries ago -- and poorly translated by me --

a knight after the Crusades --
laying down his arms and becoming a monk

and I nail them here beside the door.

Namaste'

papa
..............................................


THE BATON

A very ancient soul did speak,
"The truth requires but few words."
And even less if writ say I;
For by actions should you be known,
And by bold laughing children,
And tomorrow's heart inspired.

Yet I question that such mark
Be made by sword slash on the field;
Or size of some palace grand,
Or spread of land worked by others,
Who by simple touch of earth
May cast shadow on man's vain claims.

I do fear to ask aloud
By what act should I be measured.
So I speak these words at length
In hope that some will serve a cause
Blessed by humanity's draw
On life's claim on passion and love.

Not for me a spear or bow,
Or needed plow or woodsman axe.
I need to sing haunting song
That stirs soul and quickens loins.
For each smile is a child born
To now gift away the world's pain.

In such truth as ye may find
There will blend of spirits begin.
For while my eyes may grow dim
Yours will shine in visions profound
Not limited by my simple song,
But embraced by Spirit of All.

5 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

If you are off helping people in these circumstances may our thoughts be with you. Do encourgage those who are technologically literate to make good use of Artists Without Borders.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger jane said...

Fairwell brave Monk. May your touch be gentle and your results be beyond our wildest hopes. I journey with you in my mind and send my hopes for peace and comfort to everyone you reach.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Faucon they will be glad of you, and your healing stories and hope. It's very sudden for these people and they need kind words and wisdom around them. Indeed our thoughts go with you. If anything can be done, communicate it.

I loved this piece of writing.

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Funny about that - there is always more. :-)

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger Fran said...

In time of trouble good men come forward. We will miss you and waiting to hear on your return.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home