Monday, July 17, 2006

Typhoon Thursday & New Pages

Thursday was exquisite bed weather. Rainy, with occasional gusty winds and minimal street noise from pesky tricyles that cannot drive by in their usual cantankerous speed due to the weather. Hah! Happiness!

School was canceled throughout the city and it was perfect for curling up in bed with a good book. So I took advantage of the weather and instead of itching to go to the nearest mall to watch a movie or pick up the books I ordered, I stayed home and worked on these pages some more.

Missy, a dear friend did me the favor of buying my medication and agreed to visit me at home instead of going out for snacks so I had even more time to enjoy the weather.

This is the building where I live. My flat is on the top floor. I almost pasted over this one. It didn't turn out the way I wanted it to so I decided to do a paper mosaic on the building instead. Halfway through it I lost all hope of redeeming it visually, until Missy saw it. She asked what's so awful about it and told me how it distinctly looks like my house. So here it is now after much fussing over. Its a bit more decent than it was when I started on it.

This is the cabinet of drawers that I called, "Hiding Places"


This is what the inside of those drawers look like. The black and white stamp and ink drawing is still a work in progress. I plan to write something in it about what the things in the cabinet signify.

I was planning to stay in bed most of the day as my allergies took a turn for the worst and made breathing a struggle but I just couldn't. After I finished working on these pages I realized that I felt better despite the asthma. What do you know, art really does make me feel better, and happy and accomplished.

6 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

I am intrigued with your hiding draws. This is fascinating Winnie Rose. I am going to 'appropriate' this idea for the A to Z of Alchemy.

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Fran said...

I find these so very original and beautiful. Very special.

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger wrr said...

Faucon, you could say I'm intent on getting it all out of my system. LOL!

Heather, thanks. I'm looking forward to that alchemy alphabet. What can I do to contribute?

Fran, thanks.

Ramona, no not yet. I'd love to build this cabinet someday soon. I just hope I can find as many interesting cabinet pulls and things to appropriate these door knobs I cut out from a magazine. I have several cabinets in mind already. Perhaps I'll take up carpentry as soon as I can learn how to saw straight. LOL!

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Believer said...

A perfect treasure box. I love boxes and baskets and containers and this is just wonderful.

When the mind can latch onto something that intrigues it we can get past lots of awful stuff. Hope you feel better soon.

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger Viridiana said...

I think your box is magical, I love these jewel-type boxes for hiding or saving special things

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger wrr said...

Thanks, soul sis. I've been saving up those images hoping to use them someday.

Believer, I do feel better. Thanks. Now I have allergic ryanitis. Akh! Well, it means more time to do visual journal therapy. LOL!

Thanks, Traveller. I hope I can make this cabinet soon. I can't wait!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home