Saturday, April 23, 2005

I am currently reading, ~ A Collection of Beauties at the Height of Their Popularity~, by Whitney Otto. There are so many delicate words within the novel, mingled with delicate art on different pages. I would call it an ~Art Novel~. It has influenced my art throughout this past week. I keep a personal speckled journal with writing and art. This piece I would say is an ~ode~ to reading.

... in the languorous moments that fall between the end of the workday and the beginning of nightlife ... she needs to orient herself between the two worlds ... with a further adjustment regarding her life as an observer as well as that of a participant. (page 3)

I have always been interested in the writing and thoughts regarding what ~remains~ of our day. (another novel and major motion picture, ~Remains of the Day~)
That time we need to be alone with just ourselves. For me it comes at dusk, the time when the light changes in speckled seconds.
~Reading ~
Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger Believer said...

I've never understood people who rush to turn on the lights at dusk. Isn't it lovely to watch the sunlight dim and welcome in the evening by slow degrees?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home