Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mother's Day

TELEPHONE

Oh, marvelous magic

Mystical box
Powerful tiny enchanted thing
Cradled in my hand
My fingers brush its surface
Dancing out a secret code
Drumming out a private incantation
Drawing forth the magic
Delivering unseen glamours into the thin bright air
And suddenly...
From out of nothingness...
I conjure you
Invoke your voice from far away
Just by the tappings of my sapient secret spell
I have captured you in the palm of my hand!
And here I will spellbound hold you
And pour out upon you all the happenings of my day
Wrap you in the pages of each book I have read
Bathe you in the sparkles of my children's laughter
Into the tiny box around you I will pack all my loneliness
The sharp jagged pieces of my pain
And you will sing me all smooth again
Disembodied beloved voice
Summoned genie in a box
Marvelous magical mystery box
Powerful tiny enchanted thing
Cradled in my hand


©Edwina Peterson Cross
(From Motherhood, Journey Into Love)


.

1 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger Believer said...

Happy Mother's Day to you Winnie. I love the way you show the magic of life. You are a true "Appreciator."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home