Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The winds of necessity

On the night that I last wrote in my Journal the skies grew so dark I could not concentrate and laid my journal aside tell morning . Sleep would not come as the winds howled loudly down the halls of the monastery. Usually I lover a good storm, but this one seemed menacing. Looking out of the window I could see the tree silhouettes against the gray sky, thrashing and bending back and forth to the ground. The thunder roared in the heavens. While I stood there, half exited and half fearful, a blinding streak of lightening lit up the courtyard as a swirling black cloud rushed towards the monastery. It was at that moment that a tornado lifted me from my cell, transported me wildly to the wind of necessity, and sent me back on the path of priority. Last night I was gently placed back in my bed, in my cell, in the Abbey as creativity energy once more welcomed me back.

3 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

I get high on storms, Jane, so your story really excited me. I could easily visualize the trees doing their wild dance and could smell the phosphoric charge of the lighning bolts while the drums of thunder filled the air.

Vi

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Whoa Jane! I am enamored of the wind of necessity sending you back to the path of priority. I have to think about that one!

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Trendle Ellwood said...

Jane, that was just plain ole beautiful.
Love Tren

 

Post a Comment

<< Home