Monday, July 11, 2005

His Spirit Goes Before Us

My Daddy was a professor of History and Cultural Geography and taught thousands of students, enriching their lives with knowledge and passing on to them his own love of discovery and understanding. He taught hundreds who went on to be teachers themselves, his life a rich legacy of learning that is still flowing and growing, years after he has gone on. My Daddy knew more about the world we live in than any other human I have ever known, though there was much of this world that he never saw with his eyes. I go to Denmark with my 89 year old mother and my sister. It is a journey that my Daddy wanted very much to make, but he was not able to do it in this turning. I like to think that he will be with us as we go questing in the land of our ancestors.


His spirit goes before us
Bright over water soaring free
Where the blaze of the Midnight Sun
Is striking

His spirit goes before us
A Longship flaming on the Scandic sea
Comes home this Nordic son
A-Viking


©Edwina Peterson Cross

1 Comments:

At 5:58 AM, Blogger maya said...

HIs spirit will no doubt be there waiting for all of you on the other side of the great pond.

Feather-Stone Woman

 

Post a Comment

<< Home