Monday, September 19, 2005

INSPIRATION

As I was reading the other night I ran into an essay I wanted to share with all of you. It seemed to click into place unasked answers I have had in the back of my mind and gave me a push along the path of visualization I needed. Hope you too enjoy:

Quote from :
SOULFULNESS IS A VERB
by: Phil Cousineau
"To me continuity is at the heart of this whole discussion on soul."……….."It can be something as simple as the glean in the eye of your grandfather in the photo from 1915……If I contemplate that, I’m contemplating the mystery of soul. If I put my hands on the Chartres Cathedral and actually take in the mystery of that community…how a community could last and move people for 7 hundred years, I’m contemplating the community of continuity of things. And, that’s a contemplation of soul, the depth dimension of life."

"………The reading of a fairy tale, the journey to an ancient sacred site, the cultivation of true friendships are all ways to contemplate the things that last, that are continuous. When we reach that mystery, we’re nourished in a profound way.

"If we are not in touch with the mythic stories, with ancient sites, with old family scrapbooks and heirlooms and deeply probing relationships-we are lost. If all we do is keep up with change, I think we loose the momentum of our souls journey. But once you touch an old story, a true mentor, or the mysterious powers of nature, somehow your soul is nourished and, by the movement that still mystifies me, you find the courage to go on.

3 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Wonderful, thanks for sharing this.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Thank you so much Jane. These quotes really do resonate. Soulfulness is most certainly a verb here at Soul Food.

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Fran said...

Soul is that part of us we know but can never know. Yet it is soul, we do know that makes us human and so devine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home