Friday, September 09, 2005

USArtQuest

My cozy quarters in Lemuria is great for small projects but my cell is clear of distractions so it is here I shall work on my small contribution to the survivers of Katrina. The pledge on joining this order was: " to those votaries who have committed themselves to Making Art A Daily Practice", and for as long as it is a help I am going to try to complete projects of art for the children. Creativity has gotten me through so many troublesome times , and, THOUGH WATER, FOOD, AND SHELTER MAY BE THE NUMBER ONE PRIORITY AT THIS TIME THE MIND OF THE CHILDREN MUST BE HEALED. I believe art is a powerful help to healing. At least, for a short period of time, it diverts the mind from their pain. So, for now I shall concentrate on the children.

I believe that a way will cross your path, to help, so as USArtQuest is the first group I have heard of that can distribute I shall start there. As I get further on this journey I am sure I will hear of other projects but for now I have left over materials scattered all over the floor of my cell and I am in the process of cutting trims, stamping, adding miscelaeous embellishments, and bagging groups of 6 with stamped envelopes , and perhaps, one example card. I sure hope USArtQuest also includes glue sticks.

3 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

This is wonderful Jane. I will send you an invitation to join the Lemurian Artists Without Borders blogger and you might like to double up your posts and post both here and on that blogger, which will hopefully be seen by lots of people.

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Wonderful idea.

 
At 4:24 AM, Blogger Fran said...

O Jane I am glad to hear you are still doing all that creative work. I've been distracted and not gone back to Norway for a while but will be back in the village there soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home