Thursday, June 02, 2005

Nighttime meditation

After all the color in the sky was replaced with only the night sky and the ground lit by the remains of a waning moon I tied a sweater around my waist, left my house in Lemuria, and took the path over the hill to the Abbey. I silently slipped into the courtyard and enter the side door the closest to my cell. Once more I felt the swirl of creativity surround me as I positioned myself on my meditation pillow. Even though I knew I could not produce at this time I also knew it was alive and waiting for my recovery. The words "Energy flows where Attention goes" filled my mind. For this I am thankful, but for the present I must digest the events that keep happening. I must heal and understand the movement of life and death through this existence. We have not escaped deaths shadows yet. First mother, then my husband, his brother, a sister in law and now my grandson, 21, has been taken. So many in one year and here I still am, 74 years of age. God, someone messed up the scheduling: That’s not the way it should be.

But enough, I must get back to my house in Lemuria and get some sleep. I just dropped by to pick up and read the marvelous activities of the others who reside here and glad that I did. There have been a lot of new members and excellent writings. Sneaking back out into the night and heading home I truly knew that this inertia would soon move on.

2 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

Good to see you again, Jane.

Vi

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Believer said...

No to-do lists, no goals, no creating and no conversation, just peace and quiet, prayer and meditation. Healing amid the sorrow. Take your time, Jane. You're safe here and welcome.

Prayers,
Believer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home