Thursday, July 21, 2005

Silent Dawn

As I stand twixt
the wisps of smothered wick
and scurring mists of dawn,
the blessed silence calls --
but not for words.

For song perhaps,
'cept for slumbering friends --

instead I breath out
words of wonder,
and they echo back to me ...

papa
.........................................

I KNOW

I cannot hear your singing
outside the distant grumbling
of the thunder of my heart.
Yet the pulse of fragile life
is a rhythm of your sigh.

I cannot see your presence
before the lightning fingers
that caress the yearning earth.
But I know that you are there.
Feel the power, awe and wonder.

I cannot feel your breath
beneath these swirling winds,
but I know that you are there.
The leaves and branches gather
in artistic piles and rows.

I cannot touch the blessings
that rain down on humanity.
But I know that you are there,
for I am cleansed in mercy
and renewed in flowering birth.

1 Comments:

At 4:24 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Faith.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home