Friday, February 17, 2006

Doorways

Personality of A Front Door
Soul Food Cafe Excercise
http://www.dailywriting.net/Doors.htm
( all images collected from the internet )



This Doorway, it's there hiding just through the dark entrance way against the building, is Red and it's history is dark.

To me it represents true terror, true horror and it reminds me to respect the genre I choose to work in.

Characters in my stories like Livia Cotard from Gone To Croatan, Mr Night Fall and
Miss Praecox from the Faraway Project, and the Riders in The Amazing Benandanti as well as the Wardens Of Sawajinn from the Silent Knight featured on our recent Advent Calander have all come from behind this door.




"Come on in Anita," says this gate..."we know you well here. Come on in and listen to us for awhile. The stories we could tell you, the things we've seen."

And of course I oblige.



Rod Serling is everything I admire in a storyteller and when I see this picture I think of him and remember just one little step, chosing to go through that one door can take you to a whole new reality.

Doorways are wonderful and terrifying at the same time.

That's what makes them so great and so exciting to me.

3 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

These posts are compulsive reading, Amita - keep `em coming!

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

I do so love your take on things Anita Marie. You are unique and that is what every artist and writer has to strive for. You are not like someone else - and no one else is like you. Big ovation for you darling.

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

I am attracted to doors. I liken the act of stepping through a strange doorway to opening a box of candy--what delights will I find within?

Vi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home