Thursday, February 23, 2006

Just a Thought

I was asked, as a person on another group, what I thought of death, or rather, how I handled it. There were people there who had their share of family members and friends gone. I had to stop and really put it in my head, because I really don't think on it much. I don't give any real substance to the process. I think it's just a transition point, and we dwell rather too long on the trappings, what with viewings and wakes and all.
For the decedent it really is just a pinpoint in time. You are in the here, and then, you are in the somewhere else. Now, there are those who say Heaven or Hell, but to my mind, I think to the Universe, or black matter, or stardust; and what is to prevent us from ending up in a totally different reality, a parallel universe.
As for the now and here, I am universally blessed to have such an imagination that I can sit in a hammock under a summer tree and close my eyes, put lavender to my nose and the whole of the French Mediterranean opens to me. I can smell fresh bread and find myself anywhere I choose to be where bread is the most delicious at that moment. I do suppose death will take me places I have never considered, and I don't mind the thought of dying, but rather see it as an adventure. wyllo

1 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

The worthy search for meaning never stops, and it looks like there are many ways to see things, after all;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home