Tuesday, February 21, 2006

My hearts Betrayal

My heart is torn out bloody,
My chest still bleeding fresh,
My heart still beating on the floor,
resemblence to my crest.

And as I looked down upon my heart,
I realized my mistake,
When he had run off,
I allowed him my heart to take.

It is a most queer feeling,
To be without ones heart,
Surely I would die soon,
But I could not feel my soul part.

Blindly I reached for my heart,
To put it back in its place,
But it betrayed me and took off,
and so began our race.

I was frantic to find it,
For I knew where it would go,
To the one who had left me,
To him my love it would show.

I chased my heart,
in a maze it seemed,
before I found it at last,
Whispering and planning; how it had schemed.

And so I came face to face,
With he who had ran away,
A part of me buried deep,
Words escaped me; I had nothing to say.

So my heart spoke for me,
And told him of my hurt,
How I wanted him apart of me again,
My inner most desires out it blurt.

All the while I pondered,
whether he would join with me again,
I would not be complete with out him,
Simply a headless hen.

At last he agreed to come back;
be a part of me once more,
My heart jumped back into my chest,
My Hope my savior.

And so I am whole again,
my heart and hope now found,
I could only wish other parts of me,
would not take to ground.

Quick entry today...
Anybody understand the pun on this?

Dark Fool
~Emily
Note: I did end up changing this when I went into a competition,
but this is the original version.

3 Comments:

At 2:24 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

I have a vision of a frantic, headless heart pumping, running on thin legs to a place it should not go. Interesting! For some strange reason this reminds me of my father decapitating the chooks and one running, headless, around the yard.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

I was very moved by this. I too thought I had lost my heart and that there was a big empty space where it should be. But it was merely in hiding. Nourished by the love of those around me, it has its place again now and has learned so much more than my head ever knew.
Too often we give the best part of ourselves away to one who doesn't know what to do with it, or doesn't really want it. There is so much more to love than that. Once the heart finds all these other ways to love, it becomes less vulnerable to those who would take it as a trophy.

 
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily This is said so well.I too feel as if I gave my heart away!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home