Sunday, June 25, 2006

back home

I am home again, in the sanctuary of my beloved Lemurian abbey. Oh, how I need the peace of these hallowed walls. Time to think and gather myself together.
I have brought with me an icon I have made. I will hang this on the wall in the hall for other travellers to ponder upon.



In the coming weeks I hope to find some much needed time for myself and for creating. It's so hard to do in the outside world, but here, it's timeless ....

In a few days I will emerge to see who else has found their way here. In the meantime, something in the kitchen smells wonderful .....

5 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Blogger The Gate Keeper said...

I really like your icon. How is this made? (it's hard to tell) It looks metal.

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

This iconic image is just magnificent Carol and the sentiments are just gorgeous too. Good to have you here.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Viridiana said...

it is an ATC and I have wrapped aluminium foil around the outer edges and then drawn on it with a blunt pencil (for a swap where we had to create icons, in whatever form we wished)

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger The Gate Keeper said...

I'm sorry-- what is an ATC?

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Believer said...

This is so unique and beautiful, carol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home