Friday, June 23, 2006

It's good to be back...


I arrived back at the Abbey soaking wet and exhausted after floating on the plank the pirates had made me walk on my last night on the Calabar. Well, how was I supposed to know that you never tweak the Captain's beard, even in fun?

Luckily I managed to grab the plank as I went down and took it with me, so I had something to get me back to shore. But even with the wind and the tides in my favor I was drifting God know's where when I saw a familiar Tam O'Shanter and heard a loud ``Hallooooo!" I was so relieved to see Hamish I hugged him, and he spluttered seawater at me.

``Gerroff!" he yelled. ``I mean, get on - get on my back, woman."

Hamish was a strong swimmer and soon had us both on the beach again. Then we made our way back to the Abbey, where, after depositing me on the doorstep, he went to the stables to dry off and get some thistles.

I soon found myself enveloped in the warmth of the Abbey. I had a hot bath, gratefully put on some dry clothes and had a welcome supper of cocoa and kippers in the Abbey kitchen.

It was quite late when I made my way down to my dear little caravan, still parked near the stream in a lovely grove of trees. My pony Tinker whinnied and hurried up to greet me. My little caravan was neat as a new pin - some kind Abbey person had kept it clean and aired for me, the kettle was full, the cupboards stocked, and I was able to make a cup of tea.

I should have gone to bed but I sat up looking through my little boxes of art supplies, and found some paint sample cards. I had been meaning to use them for something, so I set to work trimming and embellishing and made lots of tags.

It just felt so good to be back at the Abbey again. When I finally did tumble into my bunk, I slept like a baby.

I must go down to the Gypsy Camp soon, and see what Lavengro and the gang have been up to in my long absence.

4 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger Anita Marie Moscoso said...

And a good time was had by all! Hey Gail your post # was 666...just an FYI
Anita Marie

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

What a joyful return. I for one will be heading back down to the Gypsy Camp. No doubt in time for your birthday darling.

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

AM, that's so cooool!

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

Will do, faucon - and all love and best wishes to you at this time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home