Friday, June 23, 2006

A Midsummer Night's Eve

Ah, I waken in the rose arbor, but keep my eyes closed listening to the hum of bees. I remember that tonight is Midsummer Night's Eve. It's also called St. John's Eve in honor of St.John, the patron saint of beekeepers. The hives are full of honey at this time of year and the full moon that occurs this month is called Mead Moon. I'm wondering if the abbey will serve mead made from fermented honey to celebrate this day. The word honeymoon comes from this combination full hives and full moon.

The humming lulls me and I stay quiet not ready to move, to leave this peaceful place. In this dreamworld state I sense a presence and feel a pressure on my lips. Has my prince come? Is it the spirits cavorting on midsummer night's eve? I open my eyes and sit up. I'm alone in the rose garden. I search for my special glasses ready to enter the frolic.

2 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger The Gate Keeper said...

Yup, I think we're really going to stir stuff up in the Abbey. Who said that an Abbey has to be quiet and serene.......

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

I love bees!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home