Saturday, June 24, 2006

Getting Started


In accordance with the Abbey Rules, I am going to attempt some focused work. My attempt will be to transmute (using alchemical terminology) objects of the natural realm into objects that suggest a spiritual realm. So, to get started, I picked up the beautiful turban shell I found on the table in my atelier. I'm going to ponder this shell for a while and see what I can create from it. Perhpas you too can find some inspiration from this shell or some other natural object.....

Image: L.Gloyd (c) June 2006

3 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Oh Lori! I am just thrilled with this. What a wonderful thing to focus on. Do see my shell guided imagery which you will find in the Soul Food ABC of Activities. This encourages you to go inside that shell, to talk to it and have it, which is made of the same matter as us, tell you about living.

And you have read Lindberg's Gift From the Sea haven't you. If not it is a must read.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Anita Marie Moscoso said...

Hey Lori!
So you picked up the shell and heard what? Hmmm....all I can say is stay away from that closet in your room.
You know, the DARK ONE.
HEEEHEEEEEE
Anita Marie

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger The Gate Keeper said...

Heather: No, I've never seen this guided imagery before. How strange I should pick up on this. But it's given me an idea. Thanks for pointing this out.

Anita Marie, between your story and my watching Most Haunted this afternoon, I'm going to be awake ALL NIGHT, thank you very much! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home