Thursday, June 22, 2006

I've arrived!

I clutched my bag and slipped over the side of the ship Calabar Felonway landing in a small boat. A storm broke over the sea driving the boat away from the Abbey. The tossing and buffeting made me sick. I spent hours wretching over the side or flat in the bottom soaked by sea spray. Finally the seas calmed and a rainbow appeared beckoning us into the shore.

At last I stood on firm ground waiting long moments before steadying myself to walk to the abbey. Thankfully, I accepted a glass of wine and a baguette; my stomach settled. Though tired, I had to explore a bit. Attracted by a gravel path that wound around the corner of the abbey, I discovered a rose garden. Ah, the sweet aroma! Oh, the colors: yellow, pale pink, rose, peach, and deep red. Farther into the garden, an arbor sheltered a bench. I sat down to rest and enjoy the roses climbing and twining over my head.

Using my bag for a pillow, I slept with the scent of roses filling my dreams!

3 Comments:

At 7:54 PM, Blogger The Gate Keeper said...

Huzzah! I'm glad you could make it.

:)

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Ah! We got you here in the end Verna. What a relief! Well done.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Believer said...

Hi Verna,

There are several gardens here. My cell is near the herb garden. I'd give you directions, but things tend to shift in the Abbey. For some reason my room is always on the opposite side from the library, I think because I enjoy the walk there. If you find me, stop in for a visit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home