Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Ocean Mother--A Prayer

This is in response to Lorijayne’s excellent Lemurian Remnant. Thank you Lorijayne.

Ocean Mother—A Prayer

Ocean Mother,
Bless me, thy daughter,
as I kneel beside you
upon your altar of sand and rock.
Help me look back through the ages
to view my birth,
to see all that has been before.

Ocean Mother,
Remind me, thy daughter,
of a time so long ago
when I left the water of your womb
to crawl upon the land,
to walk upright,
and gaze upon the heavens.

Ocean Mother,
give me, thy daughter,
strength to step forth
into the realm
of stars and planets,
into the promise of the universe
that awaits my coming.

Ocean Mother,
I bow to thee
as I, thy daughter,
prepare to leave this earth
as I left you so long ago.
My destiny lies now beyond the Milky Way,
in the deep dark vastness of space.

Vi Jones
©June 27, 2006

4 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Blogger The Gate Keeper said...

You're welcome. This is a lovely hymn to the sea.

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

A Hymn to the Oceon. Writing hymns to the maternal elements of nature is very much a part of the Heroine's journey Vi.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Profound.

 
At 5:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is really beautiful, you have put into words the exact same feeling I to feel for the ocean.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home