Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Somewhere

I have a need to post this somewhere,
might as well be here in the quiet shadows.
................................................................

TERROR

Terror, terror on the wall,
what's the closest of them all --
atrocities done unto man,
or that no one seems to care?

See the stranger -- kill him, kill her;
Uncle Pat says its Christian --
Papa George will tell you who
lacketh faith and deserves to die.

Terror, terror burning bright
in the forest of the night --
'cause my power bill's outa sight,
while good ol' boys stack diamonds high.

Average, average -- do not try,
shun education and self-worth --
cramp the bell curve down to nothing,
preach only bigotry and selfish pride.

Food chain -- food chain, join in dance;
let them starve who dare to dream
of simple justice, blind and free --
as long as I am not one right now.

Whisper, whisper to your child,
suckled by a virtual tit --
forced to squalor by 'right to live',
becoming fodder for their greed.

Terror, terror -- 'tis my right,
'cause my neighbors say 'tis so --
get yours now and rape the earth;
but leave me alone to die in shame.

3 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger The Gate Keeper said...

Very powerful, Papa. I might not agree with everything you say here, but I hear you. (BTW, I think Uncle Pat is psycho....and Papa G, well, don't get me started.......)

L.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Anita Marie Moscoso said...

THANK YOU!

Anita Marie

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Believer said...

Listening to the news will do this to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home